The last 2 weeks have been roller coasters. I’ve kind of hit a block in writing, not only stuff that I feel like I’m wanting to give y’all in the form of a blog post, but also my personal journaling. One thing that has stuck out though, is that life is happening, unapologetically so. Since I’m really not the mood to write about feelings or experiences per say, here’s a list of things that make complaining about life and its various nuances not that important!
- Boomer Phelps’ Instagram account (even though he’s a Raven’s fan)
- Music (even if it’s the shitty pop-y kind)
- Female police officers
- Fred and Alex
- Baked goods
- Baked goods filled with meat
- The freedom to vote for whoever the hell I want to (obviously within the realms of the choices at hand…)
- My YAV sisters
- YAV mum (and the best site coordinator, EVAR), Lynn
- Talking about history
- Kilts and bagpipes
- Instant forms of communication
- Waking up every morning
- Self-care activities
- Swear words
- Waterproof (not water-resistant) outerwear
- Killer sunset/sunrise views
- Not-so-great, romatical movies
- Stained-glass windows
- The ability to ask questions
- Did I mention baked goods??
Life is happening. Sometimes in the midst of all that, it’s easy to forget to take a step back and just be. Let the messy stuff be messy. Wallow in sadness, if just for a while. And laugh uncontrollably, while you have food in your mouth, and until you need to lie down in a ball on your bedroom floor.