So far my YAV year has been so many things. Wonderful, busy, stressful, tiring, lonely, and full of community. As I come to the end of 3 months (OH MY GAWD), there is so much reflection on not only my time so far, but my end date, what will come after this journey, and all of the things in between to come. My mom always says I’m really good at complaining, so here’s a list of stuff I cannea complain about a single bit!
- Eddie Redmayne’s face
8-19-1 Dallas Cowboys
- Veggie haggis
- Ear muffs
- Fireworks (but only for about 20 mins)
- Fresh cranberries
- Baked goods
- My “Just Like Us” family
- Biscuit tins
- Hot water bottles
- The LITurgical calendar
- Giving Scots a hard time for complaining about how cold it is
- My huge bedroom windows that let in lots of sunlight
- Opportunities to lead
- Gaining greater clarity on what a post-YAV year might look like
- Christmas dinners to come
- 5 year old girls who like talking about make-up
- Fried plantains
- YOU for reading my blog!!
On this Thanksgiving day I am thankful for so much. But also aware that there are so many Americans who struggle to find the strength to feel the same. I ask that you throw them in your prayer buckets. Also throw the YAV staff in Louisville and all the site coordinators in there. They do so much for us to make this journey meaningful. For that I am truly grateful!